LCC London – Vacancies at CanaryWall and current Centres
NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT LONDON’S LARGEST CLIMBING WALL GROUP
VauxWall, HarroWall, CroyWall, RavensWall & CanaryWall are facilities of The Lakeland Climbing Centre Limited. We are driven by our passion for climbing and the positive effects it can bring to everyone’s lives. Our London facilities set a new standard for accessible, clean and constantly evolving indoor climbing. In partnership with our customers, staff, sponsors and suppliers we have created and continue to develop friendly, efficient and safety conscious centres of excellence for bouldering that everyone can enjoy. Strong links with our site in Kendal will provide opportunities for customers and staff to continue their journey into the diverse sport of climbing in the stunning Lake District National Park.
We continue to grow so we now have an exciting array of roles to offer across our centres.
Each member of the LCC team has a primary site where they work the majority of their shifts. There may be occasional shifts at other sites as required.
CURRENT ROLES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Senior or Specialist Vacancies
- 1 x Full Time Deputy Manager– Primary Site – HarroWall (HA1 4HX)– 40 hours per week including evenings and weekends
- 1x Part Time Maintenance Manager– All London Sites – Minimum 30 hours per week Monday-Friday
Duty Manager Vacancies*
- 1 x Part Time Duty Manager– Primary Site – HarroWall (HA1 4HX)– Minimum 20 hours per week focused predominantly around
- 1 x Part time Duty Manager– Primary Site – RavensWall (W6 0UQ) – Minimum 20 hours per week focused around evenings and weekends
- 1 x Part time Duty Manager– Primary Site – CanaryWall (E14 8AA) – Minimum 20 hours per week focused around evenings and weekends
Team Member Vacancies
- 1 x Part time Team Member– Primary Site – CanaryWall (E14 8AA) – Minimum 20 hours per week focused around evenings and weekends
- 1 x Part time Team Member– Primary Site – CanaryWall (E14 8AA) – Minimum 15 hours per week focused around evenings and weekends
- 1 x Part time Team Member– Primary Site – CroyWall (CR0 4WN) – Minimum 25 hours per week focused around evenings and weekends
- 1 x Part Time Team Member– Primary Site – HarroWall (HA1 4HX)– Minimum 15 hours per week focused predominantly around weekends with occasional work as an Instructor
- 1 x Part Time Cafe Team Member– Primary Site – HarroWall (HA1 4HX)– Minimum 15 hours per week focused predominantly around
*All Duty Manager applicants (with the exception of HarroWall) must be able to get to their primary site for 5.45am as they may occasionally have to work a weekday open shift.
** For the right applicant there is the potential of combining two part-time vacancies at two sites into a full-time multisite role. Please indicate on your application form if you would like to discuss this option at interview.
HarroWall Deputy Centre Manager
An exciting and varied senior role. Having just turned 2 years old, HarroWall is now an established centre with a diverse local climbing community, extensive instruction programme and busy events programme. The addition of this role will support the entire team to help HarroWall grow further. As LCC continues to expand, the chance to become a future Centre Manager is a distinct possibility.
Regional Maintenance Manager
As our centres expand, age and grow in popularity, there is an ever increasing amount of maintenance required to ensure we keep them in excellent condition. Furthermore, there are also regular projects to improve our current centres as we learn about our customer needs and best use of our unique spaces. Your role will be the completion of general maintenance, arranging additional internal labour or external contractors where necessary. The expectation is for you to go above and beyond to ensure all our centres are the best they can be.
As part of a small multifunctional team, the role of Duty Manager is central to the effective running of the Centre. You will be responsible for the provision of a safe, fun and welcoming climbing environment. When on duty you will directly manage the day-to-day operations including the reception, café and shop with additional responsibilities including cleaning and administrative tasks. There is potential to be involved in both the instruction and route setting programme.
Relevant experience is preferred but not essential for Duty Manager Roles as full training will be provided by LCC London.
Working with the Duty Manager and on your own initiative, you are expected to provide an exceptional level of customer service in all centre operations. A significant part of this role will be instruction, including delivering inductions, private coaching and the junior programme. There is also potential to be involved in the route setting programme.
Cafe Team Member
Working with the Café Manager to provide a clean and welcoming cafe environment, you are expected to provide an exceptional level of customer service in all operations. Additional to Café service, tasks will include food preparation, cleaning and administration.
Relevant experience is preferred but not essential for Team Member roles as full training will be provided by LCC London.
£25,000-£30,000 per annum HarroWall Deputy Manager (dependent on experience)
£14.30 per hour Maintenance Manager
£10.80 per hour Duty Manager
£9.70 per hour Team Member
£7 per hour Team Member aged 16 or 17
(minimum age 16 for all current vacancies)
Rates are reviewed annually and updated in January.
WHY WORK FOR THE LAKELAND CLIMBING CENTRE?
Over the last five years we have developed a reputation for exceptional climbing walls and excellent customer service which is the direct result of a happy, supportive and proactive team. LCC’s top priorities are its customers and staff and we want to create and maintain great places to work and climb. Free climbing, discounts with local businesses, financial support for continued professional development, flexible working hours and competitive rates of pay are the key benefits.
Timeline for applications
- All applications deadlines:22nd March at Midnight.
- Interview dates:31st March, 1st & 2nd April @ HarroWall
- HarroWall, RavensWall & CroyWall positons start: ASAP
- CanaryWall Positions start: 4th May T.B.C.
UPDATE AS OF 16.3.20 – WE ARE CONTINUING WITH RECRUITMENT BUT START DATES MAY BE DELAYED DUE TO COVID-19.
If the above positions interest you then you can download an application pack from: https://buff.ly/2pLPhfF
Completed applications should be emailed to: [email protected]
Please note we do not accept CVs. Only applications filled in as per the application pack above will be considered.
If you have previously applied and would like to be reconsidered please email Beccy with an updated copy of your application.